Saturday, July 3, 2010

4 on the third and Chicago Film Tour

This morning I got up at 4:30AM to take the train to Oak Park where Alona picked me up and we headed to Elmhurst for the 4 on the third race. Everyone went out really fast but I was able to hold back and run my own race. This worked out well. I was the 8th girl at 1.5 miles but then slowly started to pick people off. It felt great to pass people the whole race. I ended in fourth which was kind of a bummer because I was right with third place. She started ahead of me on the line so chip time I beat her but gun time she beat me. However, this race was really an exciting race for me because I felt much smoother and stronger over the course of the run than I have for a long time. I am starting to feel like myself again!

After the race, I went back home and my dad had made a lot of progress without me. I thought he would sleep in a lot because of taking the red eye the night before but he had been awake for awhile when I got back. Later that day we went on the Chicago Film Tour. This tour was my father’s day gift to him. I enjoyed the tour. I had never driven through many of the neighborhoods that we drove through. It was fun to watch clips from different films and then see the actual location in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment