Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fleet Feet Women's Festival 10k


This morning was the Women's Festival. This year the weather was the worst- sooo humid. Heather picked me up at 6:15 except what we didn’t realize until that morning was that the parking lot closed at 6:30. We got there right before 6:30 but the off ramp was backed up with people going to the race…eek! We were a little worried but we were one of the last people let in and got one of the last slots- phew! It was hot and humid for the race. Looking back on it I am kind of disappointed at my finish. I ran 30 seconds slower than last year in the 10k. It was much worse weather but I still feel like I didn’t push myself hard enough. I got second place for the third year in a row. The prize was a heart rate monitor which I already have.. (but I already sold it for 50 dollars : ). I also got these pretty flowers. That’s one perk for a women’s race. Holly and Daryl drove Alona and I back from the race and then we showered at my place before heading over to church. What a nice little morning!

2 comments:

  1. an 'old' coach of yours might notice a pattern of arriving at meets a little late and not being fully prepared. ;-)

    keep you back in foot in front!
    sloan

    ReplyDelete