Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tour Guide Christina


Today was so fun! I had Jess and Samantha staying with me (they arrived late last night). Sam and I are both somewhat morning people so we got up and did some work on our laptops and had some coffee while Jess was sound asleep until 10AM. Jess had brought some homemade scones and Sam had brought some granola she had made so we had that for breakfast ( very good guests ). In the morning we did some shopping- sam and Jessica both found some great deals. We went to lunch at Pompei and did some more poking around. Then we went for a run the sites seen over the run were, Belmont Harbor, Grant Statue, Lincoln Park Zoo, Nature Museum, Montrose Harbor, and a good view of the skyline. On their train ride here they met a woman that said they should check out a store on Belmont called Ragstock. So mid-run we made a slight detour to check it out. It was a unique store. It reminded me of the Redlight where they have clothes from different era's- some second had stuff and some used stuff. After we got back from the run we made dinner at my place (spicy peanut noodle and salad). We had bought this gingerbread kid for $1.5 (90% off) so we made and decorated gingerbread cookies while we watched The Notebook. Later we played a game called Conscious which I had bought for 1.99 (when they rung it up it said 29.99-27.99= total 2.20). Sorry for the price details but I get pretty excited when I find something so cheap (the game is the same maker as Cranium). It was a fun game but will be more fun with more than three players. Well, now I am rambling good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment