Friday, October 15, 2010

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for being supportive about my decision to drop out of the marathon. I really appreciated the emails and comments I received. I will keep you posted on when I will race next. I was planning on doing a marathon soon after Chicago but although I didn't complete the race, the day left me feeling physically not tired but emotionally very drained. Since running the marathon really does take so much desire and "umph" to do your best I really need to feel excited to compete. Right now, I feel burnt out. I feel like I would be going into the race with a "let's get this over with" attitude. That's just not normal for me. This is my hobby and I am a competitive person- I need to feel that joy and drive before I step on the line. I will keep you posted. I start a new engineering job on Monday. I'm pretty nervous about that so right now so I am just focusing on running as a way to stay grounded and put things in perspective. I always feel at ease when I get back from a run :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented, Christina. Keep your head up and your eye on the prize. You have the right attitude. The training you did for Chicago will not go to waste :)

    ReplyDelete