Saturday, October 23, 2010

Go Go Green 5k

This morning I did a 5k...and I won with a time of 17:55. It was very fun. I just biked from my house to the race start. It was no pressure. My mile splits were 5:40, 5:50, 5:40- So pretty consistent. There was a girl from Grand Valley who was gaining on me the last mile but I knew I had to hold her off because the prize for first was REI gear and both Jeff and I LOVE that store. Anyway, ends up that vitamin water was another one of the sponsors so I also won a case of vitamin water. This was cool until I realized that I had biked to the race and now had a case of vitamin water to carry (along with a tent from REI). I took all the waters out of the case and put them in my back pack - all 24 of them! I then had one of the hardest bike rides of my life :)

Later that day I went with my roommate and her mom to go look at wedding dresses. We walked to the car and the window of her mom's car had been smashed! Fortunately there was nothing of value in the car but it did take us awhile to find a place to get a new window put into the car. We did make it to the bridal stores...and I am starting to get an idea of what I like..but still no purchase :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I wish I had a video of you biking with all of your winnings. Too funny! Glad to see you're "back". Was that a PR? Sorry about your friend's mom's window. Life in the big city isn't always fun.

    ReplyDelete