Thursday, October 7, 2010

interviewed for ABC news


The little kiddo that I was going to watch was sick today so I had the day off. I met for a run with my friend Beth for a run in the morning. Then in the afternoon I went to a high school / middle school cross country race. The kids were so great. I loved watching the expressions on there faces. It also put thing in perspective. I have come along way in my running! The winner of the junior high 2 mile race ran the pace I will attempt to run for 26.2 on Sunday : ) (The Olympic Trails qualifying time is 6:20/mile)

After that race I biked over to Nike Town where I met Joan Benoit Samuelson and was interviewed with Heather. We will be on Channel 6. I am not sure what time yet though. Joan was awesome. She was such a running pioneer. She is 53 years old and when she first started running, women weren’t allowed to run the marathon! It was said that it would do bodily harm and you wouldn’t be able to have children : )

After that Heather and I headed to a restaurant to meet Coach Leach and Matt to talk over race strategy.

1 comment: