Saturday, May 1, 2010

scavenger hunt of love!!!

I got home from the race and hurried up to my apartment expecting Jeff to be anxiously waiting for me to get home in order to start our road trip to Utah. When I opened the door there was a bouquet of flowers with a red envelope. My heart started to race…where is Jeff? I dropped my stuff and hurried over to the envelope I opened it up and it said “Scavenger Hunt of Love on the front” When I opened it up it said:

“Love Clue #1: The very first time I laid eyes on you in beautiful Montana, you were wearing these on your feet…” (we met on a run!)- I hurried to my closet to find a rose and another clue sticking out of my running shoes.

Love Clue #2: “Good Job! What a great run that day eh? Ok, your next clue is to find an ice cold treat that I love to eat with you (especially on the Seattle porch marble top style)”
(ice cream!) I hurried to the freezer to find a carton of my favorite ice cream- Breyers Vanilla Bean with a rose sticking out the top and the next clue.

Love Clue #3: Yum. I hope you enjoyed a bowl with a smile. Next Clue: You are A TROPHY wife : ) Look closely at your Trophy rack : )
( I went to my running trophies and found another flower and clue)

Love Clue #4: …this one was a little dirty so I will not type it out : )…

Love Clue #5:….don’t really want to share again (sorry!) At this spot there was a big scrapbook that Jeff had made for me starting from when I was born up until the present in which he said “I love you because…” under each picture (very very thoughtful and cute)

Love Clue #6: Like I said in the book- You are Gorby! Especially with this on your back… (I hurried over to my back pack)

Love Clue #7: You are an Amazing Cook, but you do have the tendency to burn things in this… (haha- I hurried to the oven and opened it up to find a flower inside a hot pad with another clue)

Love Clue #8: Inspired by Grandpa Overbeck. It’s 5’ O’clock Happy Hour somewhere! Pour yourself a drink for your next clue….( I hurried over to my mini bar)


Love Clue #9: Ok Girly, You have done well thus far. This is your Last Chicago Clue. This Asian- Dutchman Holds your last clue at : 260 E. Chestnut “call for pick-up-###-####” (the whole time during this scavenger hunt I had assumed Jeff was hiding in my apartment so I had been talking to myself saying…awww so cute! And stuff like that…kind of funny retrospectively : )

I called right away and got our friend Matt but unfortunately he was still at work…”Oh no we have to get going- we still have to drive all the way to Salt Lake!” I finally decide to just run over to Matt’s. I literally RUN the mile to Matt’s and arrive sweaty (oops!). Thinking Jeff is waiting to propose to me inside I try to cool myself down before I take the elevator up. Matt and Shannon answer and say “Hey! Want to sit down and have a drink?” I say “No- Can I just get my last clue : )” (I am sure that Jeff is hiding somewhere and going to jump out and surprise me and we need to get on the road) They give me an envelope and I open it and there is a BOARDING PASS to Salt Lake! I am sooo confused. “Wait! Where is Jeff??” They tell Jeff will pick me up from the airport tomorrow morning in Salt Lake and there the scavenger hunt will continue!....what!!!....story to be continued…….

No comments:

Post a Comment