Saturday, May 1, 2010

Illinois half

Quick writing this because I have a few minutes before we leave. The race was really weird. I realized within the first 5 miles that it wasn't going to be a PR day-- very very humid, hot, and windy. I was leading this big pelaton of runners- I realized that it was silly because it was windy but on the other hand I really liked being in control....so that's what I did. And people kept dropping off of the pelaton (I don't know how to spell it). Anyway- coming into the finish was really neat because you inter the big stadium and finish on the 50 yard line. However, Heather and I were right together and we didn't realize that the girl right in front of us was a women (short hair muscular African American- from the back looks like a man). It is bothering me that we were so close to first. I ended up third and I could have been first very very easily. Oh well. I will get more details later but I gotta head out. Writing this really quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment