Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm Engaged!

I woke up bright and early (4:30 AM) and caught my 7:30 flight to Salt Lake. My flight went smoothly and when Jeff was waiting for me. He asked me what I wanted to do. It seemed like he didn't have much of a plan so I figured he must be going to propose at the end of the trip. He asked if I wanted to get something to eat or go for a run. He said he wanted to go for a run. I wasn't to excited about the idea because I had just run a half marathon the day before..then I really didn't like the idea when he took me to the base of a mountain and said we were going to run to the top. I said "why don't we just walk around and explore a bit." I saw this Buffalo statue by the state capital and said "let's get our picture taken with the buffalo. We walked over and Jeff said "Hey look behind the Buffalo's ear!" and there was clue ten. I opened up the envelope and there wasn't anything in it. "Jeff it's empty" and Jeff said "That's because the last clue comes in the form of a question. Then he got on his knee and asked if I would marry him and gave me the most beautiful ring. I said Yes (obviously).

We then went to One World Cafe for lunch and he caught me up on all the secrets that he had been keeping from me. We had a lot of laughs.

After lunch we went to my friend Laura's and she gave us a tour of Salt Lake

That night Jeff had surprised me with dinner and a reservation at the Sun Dance. On our way there we stopped at this pretty location to tell call our parents. And we took our first picture as an engaged couple:




When we arrived at Sun Dance (which was absolutely gorgeous) I was so excited that I told the receptionist that we had just gotten engaged and she said "well we are going to upgrade you to a Mountain Suite! This was our own log cabin built into the hill with a full kitchen and fire place. It was amazing! We went on some short hikes right outside our cabin and then went to dinner. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment