Monday, March 9, 2009

Yogurt Making

Last night I was in my kitchen and thought- I wonder if I could make yogurt in my crock pot? So I googled “crockpot yogurt” and found that others had wondered the same thing. (See I am not so crazy :)

Here is the recipe: Pour a half gallon of milk into your crockpot and turn the crockpot on low for 1 hour, then stir in a half cup of yogurt. Turn the crockpot off and wrap the crockpot in a towel and wait until the morning.

The results: SOO EXCITING. I was so nervous as I unwrapped the crockpot but sure enough the whole thing was filled with yogurt!! I will be eating a lot of yogurt this week

So the nerd / Dutch person in me figured out my savings
1 cup store bought= 50 cents
½ gallon = 8 cups
½ gallon store yogurt= 4 dollar

1 gallon milk= 2 dollars (used half)
½ of a store bought plain yogurt= 25 cents
½ gallon my yogurt= 1.13 dollar

SAVINGS: almost 3 bucks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment