Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wacky 5k


Today was the first race in Chicago since December. It was snowing hard when I woke up. It continued to snow hard all day. The race was a late start and started at 10:30. Holly and Darrell swung by to pick Jeff and I up at 8:30. I wasn’t racing this race. I just wanted to get in a good effort in before I did the Irish Jig 5k. I ended up second with a time of 18:50. Jeff and I ran together. Holly introduced me to Kalina and Jessica. These girls are apparently on the Fleet Feet Team which I will find out if I am on the team in a couple weeks. The pre-race party was awesome. They gave you big bags and had you go around this horse shoe of tables and take as much as you want- Quaker granola bars, cliff bars, lara bars, gels, girl scout cookies, apples, banana’s, bagels, pizza, cliff blocks, packs of gum, chocolate bars, etc. It was great. We all went home with big bags of groceries! I am doing this race again just for the pre-race goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment