Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pre Race Day

Surprisingly Jeff and I didn’t wake up until 8:30AM wowser- that was a good night of sleep. J and I ran in the park in the morning- 4 miles +8 by 30 second pick ups. I’m getting nervous- I feel so out of breath on my strides and I also had a sore throat. Have my normal breakfast in the hotel and then head to meet our ride for packet pick up at 11AM. Go to packet pick up then straight to course preview on the bus. The bus ride was torcher- 3 hours of information overload being translated from Japanese to English by a translator telling me which side of the street to run on and all these little details. I am also freaking out a bit because I’m super hungry and it’s 3PM and I haven’t had lunch. Got back from the race preview at 5PM and got dressed up and ready for pick up for the welcome banquet 5:30- quick turn around. The banquet was sweet but it was standing tables and a lot of meet and greet. There was a lot of food but every time I took a bite I was getting pulled away to meet the major or director or some famous person I didn’t know and when I came back my plate would be gone…however I did get 6 rolls because those were not taken away : ). I got back to the hotel feeling a bit defeated. That was an awesome night and opportunity but I had done everything wrong from a marathon preparation point of view. I gathered my things together and went to bed. I had no problem falling asleep but then woke up at 2AM at which point I could not fall asleep. I wasn’t super nervous- I just couldn’t sleep.
(everything is in Japanese but I know this is talking about me : )
(the expo was quite an experience- everyone was lining up to have these people give them some kind of blessing)

No comments:

Post a Comment