Thursday, November 22, 2012

Osaka day 1

My first day in Japan I went to the Aquarium. It seemed like a good thing to do to test out my skills with getting around and yet not do anything too risky before the marathon. I walked over to the subway to be faced with this machine!
....I tried to ask for help but people didn't speak English. Everyone recruited everyone until I had a group of 20 people trying to figure out where I wanted to go - lol. They figured it out and I was on my way. The aquarium was written as the best in the world. I must admit, it was pretty sweet! Most people seemed to be most impressed with the sharks. However, I just LOVED the jelly fish. I watched them for such a long time. Here are a few pictures...
There was a cool food court right next to the aquarium. It was written in my book that it had alot of traditional Japanese food....here are some pics of the food court..I had a tasty sesame black tea soy ice cream cone at the dessert shop...but I stuck with subway for lunch- I know lame but I didn't want to risk upsetting my stomach.
After that I went to an out door fish market / concert / I don't know what to call it. Jeff got in that evening and we went to Dotonbori- an area known for night life. We had okonomiyaki (Japanese pancakes). It was fun to watch them cook in front of us. It was really yummy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment