Friday, April 15, 2011

Shamrock Shuffle



Well unlike the other years it was 80 degrees for the shamrock shuffle! It had been a very long time since I have been hot on a run. It was alittle warm for racing actually. The race went very well. I ran my own race the whole time not thinking about what anyone else was doing. I slowly passed people over the race which is always a good feeling! I ended up with a 22 second PR. Of coarse, as distance runners we are never satisfied and I wished that I had gotten a bigger PR : ) As a team we didn't do as well as in the past. We got 6th place and top 5 get prize money. Bummer! However, I just love the team atmosphere at the race. It is sooo fun! Makes me miss cross country. I stayed at the race for a really long time catching up with all my runner buddies from different teams. After the race I went out to Bruch with Calvin people that were in town. The rest of the day I was sad because the day incorporated everything I love about Chicago and made me not want to leave...great competitive racing, nice weather, good restaurants, a city that draws my friends from out of town to come and visit, cooling down with a a team of competitive runners that are my really good friends along the beautiful lakefront, walking around in the sun.....I could go on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment