Friday, April 22, 2011

Run away Bride!

Today I headed to Seattle where I will be staying until the wedding at the end of May. I got to the airport and my suitcase was 60 pounds instead of 50. Being the Dutch girl I am I tried to find all the heavy things in my suitcase and put them in my already stuffed backpack. I got it down to 50.5 and the guy let me check it without the additional fee. My backpack was so heavy! Not to mention the fact that I was carrying my wedding dress. My flight was a little delayed so when we touched down my connecting flight was already boarding. When I got off the plane I started sprint across the airport to my connecting gate with my dress flying through the air behind me. Someone yelled after me "run away bride!" I must have been quite the site to me seen. I arrived at my gate disheveled and a hot (I was wearing all three of my coats to make my suitcase weigh under 50 pounds). A guy on my plane said "are you coming from a wedding?" I said no I am going to my wedding. The guy said "A destination wedding in Seattle?" Yes I said. Then a voice from a few seats down said "It's gonna rain!" and then everyone on the plane started laughing. haha. quite the day.

1 comment: