Friday, April 15, 2011

Eugene



I wanted to share with everyone this article that was in the Eugene marathon program...pretty cool! : ) I found out that there will be about 10 women at the race trying to qualify for the Olympic Trials so that should make for a good race. I am excited. It is so hard with the marathon to know what type of shape you are in but one thing I do know is that I try to go into everything in life prepared. I am not a "wing it" type of person. So I have put in the work and I can stand on that starting line knowing that I have weeks of hard training behind me. My main concentration from now until Eugene is to work on my mental game- I want to remain confident and tough. For the beginning of the race my mantra is "smooth" i want to focus on my form and staying relaxed and smooth. My middle of the race mantra is "focus"..if I stay focused in the morning I will be able to keep my mind off of thinking more than a mile at a time. My end of the race mantra is "dig"

1 comment:

  1. Christina, you are an amazing woman and I know you will achieve your goals, no matter what they are. I'm honored that you are part of my documentary film, "Miles & Trials: Running Towards 2012" and am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete