Monday, September 20, 2010

not sure what to do

Training has not been going well. Although I have been doing a good job of trying to keep my spirits high it's time to really assess what I should do. I honestly don't think I am in the kind of shape i need to be to qualify. If my fitness doesn't come around with the taper I am not sure if I should run Chicago or delay until I feel better. (Oh I didn't post that I pulled my hamstring- that is one of my recent set backs). I will keep you posted to what my Coach and I decide. I really want to do Chicago but if I am not in the shape I need to be than it is stupid to put that kind of stress on your body and have to shoot for another marathon.

5 comments:

  1. Christina- you will make a smart choice, I am sure of it. If you have second thoughts, just go with your gut feeling. It never fails. aloha, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks both of you!
    Toney- solid advice. I'm going to try my best to follow it :)
    PS- we are thinking Hawaii for our honeymoon! Is Hawaii a good choice for start of June?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, honeymoon in Hawai'i ANY time of the year is a great choice. If you come to O'ahu, I would love to show you guys around or meet for a hike or ride or jog :)
    good luck on your decision. If you run it, I will watch closely and cheer!! aloha t

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read today that Ryan Hall has pulled out of the Chicago Marathon because his training was not on schedule for the results he expected to acheive during the race. So, if you decide to wait for another race to try to his your olympic qualifying time (which i know you will!), at least know that you are in great company!

    ReplyDelete