Sunday, September 12, 2010

chocolate milk, ice, a bath tub and wool socks?

Today was another 3 hour run! Before the marathon last year I had never ran more than 2.5 hours...and I had only run 2.5 hours once! Now I have run several 3 hour long runs. It's a confidence booster to have so many miles under my belt for sure. On my way back from a long run I stop and buy a bag of ice. I then fill a big glass with chocolate milk and stick a straw in it. I then strip down and put on wool socks. I then fill the bath tub with cold water and add the ice. Next I hop in. Then there is usually a scream from the pain of the cold water...the wool socks keep my feet and ankles warm while allowing the rest of my tired muscles to be iced. I then drink my chocolate milk in the freezing tub (an excellent recovery drink). I am sure this is a funny sight (if anyone ever saw me :). And NO I will not be posting pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment