Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chicago Marathon- starting training

Well Today starts my 12 week ramp up to the Chicago Marathon! I have to say, of all my training cycles I am the most anxious this time. I am nervous about training and completing my intense 10 week class clinical portion of my schooling. I am worried that I am not going to be able to juggle everything and that one aspect of my life is going to slide- whether that is my relationships with my friends, my grades, my training, or my communication with my husband from a distance. I want to do my very best in all these things. Most people that are training for an OTQ are willing to set aside this chunk of time and focus only on this task. I have to split my focus. This is tough. On a positive note- I have good feelings about my next marathon attempt. I have been feeling so strong on my runs and am ready to add in some workouts and focus my training. I think this is going to be the time!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Christina -- I know what you mean by struggling to balance everything. You just have to take it one day at a time, and everything is do-able then. It just looks overwhelming when you look at 3 months all at once.
    I've always wondered what kind of a runner I could be if I didn't have to juggle so much -- 1.5+ hour commute each day, 60+ hour work weeks, 2nd job on top of that - but it IS doable (well, I guess I do a pretty terrible job with my social life...). Perhaps being busy gives you the extra structure and doesn't allow you to over-think workouts or waste time getting out the door? :) You so have this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Nichole wrote above. You are amazing in so many ways, Christina. Your ability to juggle so many things and excel at them is what sets you apart from others. I think that the busier one is, the more they have to compartmentalize things to fit them in. This is your time, lady. You don't know what the future will bring but at least you'll be able to say you gave it your all, no matter what the outcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks everyone! Nichole- thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete