Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bones

On my flight to Chicago I sat next to this nice old man and his wife. He was determined to become friends with me despite my un-talkative nature. I sat there studying my bone flashcards for anatomy and the man said “you are kind of creeping me out studying bones.” I smiled and said I was taking anatomy. I soon fell asleep with my head on the tray table and the man shook me and gave me a pillow. I thanked him and went to sleep. When I woke up there was an apple on my table. He said “thought you might be hungry.” I thanked him and made some small talk with him as I ate my apple. As we landed the man quickly reached for my luggage to give me a hand and said “come on Bones, it’s time to go to baggage claim- that’s your new name.” I didn’t know we were on the level of nick names but okay : ) It was an interesting experience that made me smile so I wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment