Sunday, August 1, 2010

Selling a TV

When I moved into my apartment there was a TV by the garbage. The TV looked nicer than mine so I dragged it into the apartment. The TV worked great but didn’t have a built in DVD player like the one I had so I decided to sell it. I posted it on craigslist for 20 bucks and had a buyer. The lady called and said she would be over at 8:45 and she didn’t have a cell phone so just to be outside at 8:45 with the TV. I went to move the TV and it was really heavy. I was the only one home so I had to figure out a way to get it down the 5 flights of stairs. I ended up putting it on a small rug and pushing it down the stairs slowly- this took awhile and I was sweating by the end. I then ran back up stairs to get the remote. As I was up there I hear this voice yelling at my building “Hey C! Christina! Yo C!” I look out my window and this large lady is yelling up at my building- wow never had someone yell at my building before :) I open up my window and yell back down “be right there” and she yells back up “Coo” (like cool but without the “l”). I then recruited random guy to help me lift the TV into the back of a Taxi for the lady and she gave me the money. What an experience! : )

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha that's so chicago: " Yo, C!"
    made me miss living on mainland ( just for a second!).

    ReplyDelete