Thursday, January 12, 2012

Houston!

Well I am in Houston and it less than 2 days until the Olympic Trials. I find that I so often live day by day which I think is one reason why I make a good distance runner- I don’t realize how daunting my goal or task on hand is- I just chip away at it and live in the moment (and love it). However, now is the time when I realized I need to take a step back. I need to take the time to realize that all those day by day choices (early mornings, hard workouts, ect.) have taken me to a place I never dreamed of. When I started running, I was running 5k’s at the pace I now run for a marathon. I mean, this is really cool. I am trying out for the Olympic team! Anyway, I am never one to toot my own horn but this is a day that I can truly say- I am proud. I am proud that I put myself out there and took a leap of faith and pursued a dream. I am proud that I never gave up.
alright now back to the day by day...
Now for the next race! I am excited to compete with the very best. My college coach often said you want to go to the starting line with the confidence that you put the training in and the curiosity to know how good you have become. I put the work in and now I get to be curious!

1 comment: