Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chicago Marathon

Well I have had a week to digest my race. ..My overall feeling is that I am proud that I put it all out there and really can say that I had nothing left. The hard part is that I don’t know what to do now. I am still confused as to why I die at the end of the marathon. I feel like most of the elite runners I know do not die like I have the last two races. In Eugene, I thought it was that I didn’t fuel properly but during Chicago I did. Perhaps I went to fast but if I would have gone slower, would have I still died but not had as much of a time cushion? Not sure…I need to figure this out. One thing about the race was that it was a really special experience that I will remember for my whole life. I had SO many people cheering for me from all different parts of my life. It was really special to hear “Go Christina!” every couple minutes and look up and see someone from Michigan, Portland, Gradschool, Calvin, Fleet Feet…it was truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment