Monday, December 13, 2010

Rudolf Ramble

It was a snowy and windy morning but that wasn’t going to stop me from doing the last race of the season- Rudolf Ramble 8k. I ran from my house to the start of the race. The wind was so strong that it hurt when the snow blew into your face. When I got to the start of the race the race volunteers were having trouble keeping the table with water from blowing over! There was Christmas music playing and lots of people dressed as Santa’s. I was kind of jealous of the Santa suits- they looked warm! I was talking to a friend when the race started- oops! So I had to start behind the Santa’s- it took awhile before I could get past. I love racing in bad conditions so I was loving the race! I contemplated my race strategy and decided that I needed to draft so I squiggled myself into a big pack of guys…ah nice and wind blocked. However, these guys were not keeping a good pace so I found myself tucking in and then surging to different packs. Anyway it was fun to be thinking on your feet the whole time and knowing that race times were going to be slow so it was all about competing. My friend Columba beat me at the end so I was second overall. Everyone went right to gear check and then home after the race- too cold to stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment